JOIN OUR BOARD
Creative Strathaven CIC is looking for new people to join our Board of Directors. The organisation is currently in a state of flux as we are laying the groundwork to take our operations to the next level. A role information pack is available below.
Who We Are
Creative Strathaven CIC is a not-for-profit community arts organisation that facilitates creative opportunities within the local area. Creative Strathaven runs a retail space selling work by local and Scotland based creatives, alongside running a creative community hub with co-working space, as well as hosting a variety of events including workshops and Makers Markets. All profit generated through the organisation's activities are reinvested back into Creative Strathaven.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for individuals who can bring a variety of experience, skills and insight to the board to help us shape and achieve our aims.
We are seeking people who:
• Believe in Creative Strathaven's mission and vision
• Can share learned experience, and constructive feedback for the betterment of the organisation
• Can advocate for Creative Strathaven, and champion and represent the organisation
• Are passionate about the impact, and power of creativity, and supporting creatives
• Have a basic understanding of governance and good practice
• Have an understanding/first-hand experience of how rural communities work, and how they differ from urban communities.
Applications from individuals who have a variety of skills and experience are welcome, but we are keen to have board members who can bring some or all of the following to the organisation:
• Business development and income generation (including fundraising)
• Human Resources/legal
• Communications and marketing
• An understanding of social/creative entrepreneurship
The Role of the Board
As a director, your role, along with your fellow board members, is to ensure that Creative Strathaven operates within the law and fulfils its community purpose. The directors contribute to and ensure the good management of the organisation, as well as the effective governance of it. Directors agree and maintain the organisation's strategic direction, and work collectively to meet Creative Strathaven's aims and objectives.
Individuals who may not think they fit the typical criteria for board membership, or who do not have previous experience as a director, but who have relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. However, you do need to be willing commit the time needed to fulfil the role.
Role Information Pack
Download the full role information pack here.
If you would like to access the information in an alternative format, or if you'd like to have an informal chat about the role and the organisation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.